Milk Price Tracker
Welcome to the ICMSA Milk Price Tracker, the first ‘interactive’ monthly milk price comparison tool that allows you to input your individual milk volumes, constituents and quality results and see—at the touch of a button—what you would have been paid for the same supply by every other milk processor in Ireland.
The ICMSA Tracker allows a farmer to input his or her data for 2020 and get direct comparison for all of last year, while a similar capacity for the first months of 2021 will be available shortly and every month thereafter.
This Quick Guide will explain how to use the Milk Price Tracker, and how to get the best out of the information it calculates. For your comfort, you may find a laptop or desktop computer more convenient than a smartphone. The tracker will, however, work on all modern web browsers on any device.
Should you have any issues using the tracker, feel free to contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, where we will be pleased to assist you further.
To access the tracker for the first time, you must register as a new user.
When you open the first page, simply click the message "Click here to register" as shown below.
Now enter your personal details.
Please carefully read our Terms of Service (which you can view by clicking the green link), and confirm you accept them by clicking the confirmation check box.
When complete, click the Register button.
A confirmation email from tracker.icmsa.ie will be automatically sent to the email address you provided.
On receipt, click the link within the message to confirm and complete your account setup.
Your email will contact your username and password for future visits, so keep that information securely.
3. Logging in
Enter your username (or email) and password, then click Log In.
If this is your first login, you can find your username and password contained in your welcome email.
If you have forgotten or lost your password, choose the
And so, welcome to your dashboard!
The top menu has four options. They are:
- User: Your personal details and contact information is stored here. You can update them when necessary.
- Profile details: This is the default view. Your monthly calculator inputs can be entered here.
- Show results: Your comparison totals are listed here for each creamery supplier.
- Logout: End your session and securely leave the site.
5. Profile details
Now we get to the important part! Choose Profile details from the menu to enter your monthly figures into the calculator.
Before leaving the page, click Update all values to ensure your data is saved correctly.
- Use the Tab key on your keyboard to quickly and easily move from field to field.
- Should you wish to delete the contents of an entire row, click the corresponding checkbox in the pink Clear Data column, then click Update all values.
- Depending on your connection speed, the tracker make take several seconds to save your data. Be patient and allow it to complete the task!
Profile Table Definitions
- The amount of milk supplied in litres to your Co-op for the calendar month as per your milk statement
- Butterfat %
- The butterfat in percentage terms in the calendar month as per your milk statement. (e.g. 3.6)
- Protein %
- The protein in percentage terms in the calendar month as per your milk statement. (e.g. 3.3)
- Lactose %
- The lactose in percentage terms in the calendar month as per your milk statement. (e.g. 4.3)
- The Total Bacterial Count in the calendar month as per your milk statement. (e.g. 10,000) Note that any number between 1 and 999 will automatically be multiplied by 1000.
- The Somatic Count in the calendar month as per your milk statement. (e.g. 150,000) Note that any number between 1 and 999 will automatically be multiplied by 1000.
- The Thermoduric reading in the calendar month as per your milk statement. (e.g. 200). This figure can be left blank if no test was carried out in a specific month.
- If you are a participant of the Sustainable Dairy Assurance Scheme and have an up-to-date audit result, select yes.
- Hold 7 Milkings
- If your bulk tank holds seven milkings to ensure 3.5 collection days, select yes.
- Milk Recording
- If you currently use Milk Recording for your herd, select yes.
- Herd Health Scheme
- If you are part of a Herd Health programme run by your co-op, select yes.
- Co-op Member
- If you are a current member of your co-op, select yes. Note that in most instances you must have signed a milk agreement document.
- The information above is required to determine if you will receive different bonuses or penalties associated with different Co-ops.
- Payments made after February 2021 for 2020 milk are not included in this calculation.
- The payment on this tracker may not match your statement if different grades for quality were applied than those recorded on your statement.
6. Show results
When your figures are entered, click on Show Results to view your completed calculations.
Choose the month you wish to examine from the dropdown at the top of the page, then press Select.
The data is then presented in three tables.
- The monthly revenue table for each co-op.
- The annual price report, with actual protein and fat, including VAT and bonuses.
- Finally, the calculated revenue report for the full year (or year to date.)
It's good practise to log out when you have completed your calculations, and especially so if you are sharing the computer with anyone else.
Simply click on Logout at the top right of the screen at any time to end your session and return to the sign-in screen.
We look forward to your next visit to the Milk Price Tracker!